Thursday 9 January 2014

The Last Week In Denmark

Monday 6 January:
So, School has started again, and getting up at 5:55, after spending two weeks sleeping in, was very difficult. However, we managed and were keeping better time than we had been before the holidays. Monday was a long day at school finishing at 3:25. I didn't really know what was happening, but I used the time wisely to catch up on blog (not that I was behind or anything *cough*). I survived the day though, it was my 4th last school day in Denmark...
After School Natacia and Susanne took me to Bilka, which is an everything store (food, clothes, everything...) to buy a Jacket, which were on sale for 150 Dkr ($30 aud), because on my stay I've been borrowing one of theirs, and forgot I needed one for England... silly me.

Tuesday 7 January:
3rd last school day down. This day was just as long as Monday, but it seemed longer as we ended the day with three lessons of the same subject- Technology, where they were writing a report for their projects completed before the holidays. It wasn't too bad though, and again I survived. Tuesday evening we had Scouts. This was my last scout meeting before I leave on Sunday. The scouts spent the evening making posters, in groups of 2, about different topics such as, stopping the spread of HIV/AIDs, Malaria and other diseases. At the end I presented them with some thank you presents for letting me temporarily join their group. I gave them: 1 Australian flag, 1 Queensland flag, 1 Australian scarf, 1 Queensland scarf, and every person got a cling on Koala and and Ipswich Pride pin, as well as an Australian scout badge each. They then gave be a special Green Girl Guide pin, which is given to members who do something 'special' and a Fugleberg badge, which is their group name, which was really nice. Thank you Fugleberg Green Girl Guides for letting me join your Scout Group over my stay in Denmark.

Wednesday 8 January:
Australian's Copenhagen Day. Today all the Australians in Denmark (except for Jaqui) went to Copenhagen for the day. This meant braving the trains alone (eek!) and managing to find each other. Luckily for me my host Dad drove me to the train station near where he works and made sure I got on the right train. Once in there it was discovered that one of the Australian's whole host family had come (apparently if one goes to Copenhagen, they all go to Copenhagen), but that turned out to be nice, because they did a bit of tour guiding for us. we started off looking at some of the tourist attractions in Copenhagen, then had a bite for lunch in McDonalds, before heading off to the shops. Once we were shopped out we went back to the train station, where the host family made sure we all got on our correct trains. I made the hour train, half hour bus, and 5 minute walk back to my host family safe and sound. It was a fun day, catching up with the Australian's before we leave for London on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment