Thursday 9 January 2014

28-30 December

So the last time I wrote, I wrote about New Years... but I never told you what I did earlier in the week, so It's probably time I did.

Saturday 28 December:
Today we went to Næstved to the Shopping Centre. There were a few things we needed to get. New Year's Eve supplies, Natacia and Susanne needed some clothes for a party we were going to on Sunday, and they also needed some thing to hold a special song that would be sung at the party. So we wandered around the shopping centre going in and out of stores, both Natacia and Susanne found clothes, we managed to get our NYE supplies, but we didn't get anything for the song... When we were finished in the shopping centre we went home. At home Natacia and I lazed about in our room while Susanne, Oliver and Kurt tried to make a cardboard car to put the song in, it turned out pretty well.

Sunday 29 December:
On Sunday we went to a party to celebrate Natacia's Uncle's 50th as well as continued celebrations from the Uncle and Aunty's 12.5 year (Copper) anniversary. It was really Lovely, the food was delicious, and there was lots of singing and speeches. Before dessert all the children (18 and under attendee's) went for a walk to the beach, as we were right on the waters edge. Dessert was amazing, vanilla Ice cream cake, Strawberry Ice cream cake and a raspberry tart... YUM! and just when you though the food was over the brought out bowls of Tom's Chocolate, and I can't resist chocolate, so sadly I ate a bit too much chocolate. But that's ok, because I thought that the party was winding down, turns out we just reached the next stage... Soup! it was a broccoli and potato soup with bread, it was soo good. I also got to meet someone who spent a year in Australia at university, which was interesting, as she understood the differences between Denmark and Australia. The party was lovely, I also received some more Christmas gifts there, Kurt's Sister's family gave me Danish biscuits, a pictorial guide to Denmark, Reisen (kind of like Fantales) and an extendable Danish flag, which was lovely.

Monday 30 December:
On Monday Natacia, Kurt, Susanne and I went into Copenhagen for some more sight seeing. We went on a Canal tour, which was super cool, both metaphorically and literally. After that we made our way down the main street, going in all the tourist shops, buying all the souvenirs. Then after a spot of Lunch/Dinner Natacia and I went on our merry way into clothes shops. We finished the day by going to Tivoli to see the light show in the lake, which was really cool. Once the light show was over we made our way home, we're we snacked on left over sausages from dinner earlier in the week, It was a fun day.

So that was what happened before New Years... and Now It's Thursday I only have 2.5 days left...

No comments:

Post a Comment